1/2 Photos of Oriental Finger Food, Rolled Chicken & Mushroom Omelette
Tasty, easy, economical appetizer. They seem to disappear quickly too. In this recipe I have used chicken that I minced very finely.A small half breast skinless will do the trick. You could substitute leftover meat, fish or seafood for the chicken . I have put the chili sauce and ginger as optional but I recommend that you use both as they give that final flavor burst. Serve at room temperature . You may make these several hours ahead,store them in the fridge bring out 45 minutes before serving. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces finely minced chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup shiitake mushrooms, dried or 1/4 cup fresh portabella mushroom, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 pieces of soft crystallized ginger, 1/4 inch each (optional)
- sweet hot chili sauce (You just need a small dab per piece) (optional)
- 1Add dried Shitake mushrooms to boiling water & simmer 1 minute remove from heat and let them sit for ten minutes, drain and chop finely.
- 2In a fry pan saute the minced chicken & garlic until cooked and the chicken is lightly browned , make sure the chicken is well separated.
- 3Add Ginger, Soy, Chili Flakes, reconstituted, chopped mushrooms (or fresh chopped), wine & lemon juice.
- 4Simmer until the moisture has evaporated - set aside to cool.
- 5Meanwhile whisk the 2 eggs with the water & cornstarch.
- 6Whip the egg white until it forms soft peaks.
- 7Mix the egg white with the cooled chicken mixture,.
- 8Fold the chicken mixture into the whisked eggs.
- 9Heat a no stick omelette pan over medium high heat.
- 10Pour in half of the mixture and tilt the pan so you have as thin a layer as possible, cook until bubbly on top.
- 11It should be almost totally cooked.
- 12Tilt the pan and pick up an edge of the omelette & roll it into a jellyroll.
- 13Leave over heat turning the roll to finish heating through for another minute, remove roll to a plate.
- 14Cook second omelette.
- 15Insert 6 toothpick in each roll about 3/4" apart and slice between them giving you 4 small end pieces (for the cook) and 12 pieces to serve.
- 16Place each piece rolled side up on a serving platter, put a dab of chili sauce on top of each and a piece of ginger Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Finger Food, Rolled Chicken & Mushroom Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 566.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: