Recipe by English_Rose
A special warm salad for sharing. This would work well as an appetizer for 4 or a main course for 2. The dressing is perfect for duck but make sure you mix it well so the honey doesn't sink to the bottom.
Top Review by twissis
Used as a starter course for 4 & pls forgive several chgs I made to allow for my last moment choice as I do not feel they altered the heart of your recipe. I started w/already marinated & grilled duck breasts, used mixed salad greens, regular tomatoes & thinly sliced leek rounds vs scallions 9basically what I had on-hand). The dressing was made as written & perfection w/its well-balanced flavors. I also added a light sprinkle of sesame seeds atop ea salad. The outcome was outstanding & well-received by our guests. Your recipe was a spec start to our dinner. Thx for sharing it w/us.
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
- 4 ounces salad leaves
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Score the skin of the duck breasts and season.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat, add the duck, skin side down and cook for 4 mins or until the skin is crisp. Turn over and quickly brown the underside then transfer to a baking tray.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and spoon all but 2 tbs of it over the duck. Roast the duck for 10 mins for pink or longer if you prefer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 4 mins then slice into strips.
- Toss together the salad leaves, tomatoes and scallions with the duck slices.
- Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.