Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A nice refreshing accompaniment to sates, dim sum, mu shu wrappers, and bulgoki.
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml agave nectar (or honey)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar (wine vinegar o.k.)
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped into 1 ",lengths
- 2 cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- Blend together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper flakes.
- Stir cucumbers and onions into the mixture, and pour all into a ziploc bag, removing excess air, so salad marinates well.
- Marinate salad several hours or overnight.
I just don't understand how the amount written is enough for 6 people. I multiply by 4.
This is a "saver" and goes into my Company's coming cookbook. The cucumber stays crunchy and what a great flavor. I served it with Sushi. The whole bowl disappeared. Thanks Sue for another great recipe
A very tasty accompaniment to Grilled Chicken Satay! Also great as a delicious alternative to the usual mixed greens salad we serve most often. I rated this recipe four stars instead of five, because I found the serving size a bit paltry for my heartier appettite.