- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 16 ounces prepared coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, crunchy
- 1 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly milled
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
- In a medium no-stick skillet, saute the almonds and sesame seeds until they are lightly golden.
- Remove from heat and allow the seeds to cool a bit before tossing them with the coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds and onions.
- Just prior to serving, toss with crunchy chow mein noodles, top with dressing and enjoy!
- NOTE: The salad is best if it is mixed and refrigerated overnight (minus the noodles).