Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from a ground beef cookbook, and is being posted for the Zaar World tour of Asia. I have not tried this yet.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bean sprout (or canned drained)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons slice green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In bowl combine ground meet, salt and d ginger.
- Shape into 8 ¼ inch patties.
- Combine sprouts, chestnuts, onion and soy sauce.
- Toss together lightly.
- Place about 2 tablespoons mixture on top of each of 4 patties to within ½ inch of edge.
- Top with remaining patties.
- Seal edges
- Place patties on rack on unheated broiler.
- Broil 3 inches from heat turning once.
- For beef allow about 10 minutes total cooking time for medium, more for well.
- For pork broil 12-15 minutes or until well done.
- Serve on buns or rolls.