Recipe by Mille®
Beautifully presented, these are suitable for entertaining big-wigs! (and little-wigs, too!)
Top Review by marybeth
I thought this combination of ingredients would have tasted wonderful, but it wasn't a hit at the Christmas party. I used water chestnuts and seasame oil, but I don't think that would have changed the overall taste.
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1 cup canned bamboo shoot, julienned
- 18 -24 large lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 lb stringless snow peas, very finely julienned
- Chinese hot mustard (optional)
- sweet plum sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, wine or juice, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Add crabmeat, snow peas, and bamboo shoots to soy mixture.
- Mix well.
- Top each lettuce leaf with portion of crab mixture.
- Fold leaves around crab by first turning in the sides, then rolling up.
- Serve on plate scattered with finely chopped toasted walnuts.
- ---Serving Suggestion---.
- Make a quick sauce of half Chinese hot mustard and half sweet plum sauce.
- Spoon in a zig-zag pattern on each plate.
- Place 3 rolls on top of the sauce, propped like fallen logs.
- Top with toasted nuts and sprigs of fresh coriander.