Recipe by Marge W
I attended a Mother-Daughter Banquet with my mother-in-law and this dish was served. I like this because it has a lot of different flavor combinations and the noodles give it a crunchy texture. Best of all for busy people, it is very quick to prepare.
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 5 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken up (don't use seasoning or cook these, only need dry noodles)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onions, mix with slaw, and set aside.
- melt butter in skillet, add seeds and noodles and while constantly stirring, saute until lightly browned.
- set aside.
- put sugar, vinegar, oil and soy sauce in jar and shake up until well mixed.
- just before serving, mix everything together and serve.