Recipe by lbringhurst
This is a great salad for a picnic or a party. The secret to this recipe is to use a very good Balsmaic vinegar. I buy mine on-line from an Italian Deli in Boston's North End, it costs a bit but is so worth it !
- 1 lb Coleslaw
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packets for dressing
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cole slaw and onion in large ziplock bag.
- Put ramen noodles in large ziplock bag and pound with mallet until broken into small pieces. Add sunflower seeds and almonds to same ziplock bag.
- Dressing: combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, splenda & flavor packets until blended.
- Mix ingredients from the 2 ziplock bags and dressing together just before serving.