Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There are many variations to this recipe, including other versions on recipezaar. I kept on playing with it and 3 years ago came up with my version. It can be doubled very easily for parties. You know you've got a winner when multiple people ask you for the recipe! What Fun! Note: I took an educated guess at the prep time. Cook time is fridge time.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles (use seasoning in dressing, uncooked noodles in coleslaw mixture)
Cole Slaw Mixture
- 1 (16 ounce) package Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (without shells)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Toast the slivered almonds.
- Suggest place them in a microwave safe pie plate and nuke on high for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning packet together until sugar is dissolved (I shake it).
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the cole slaw, onions, sunflower seeds and almonds.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and blend.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (Mixture will go down about 1/2 in volume).
- Break up the ramen noodles (I use a plastic bag).
- Just before serving mix the noodles in with the other ingredients.
This was excellent...my dad enjoyed this so much that I had to make it two weekends in a row. The best part about this recipe is that that flavors meld so nicely that it doesn't over power the main dishes! Thanks for sharing it with the group!
I just happened to have a pkg. of cole slaw and came upon your recipe. It was perfect! The toasted almonds added a nice crunch to the mix and it tasted great! Thanks for posting!!!
We found that there was just a little too many almonds and sunflower seeds for 1 pkg of coleslaw. Next time we plan on useing 1/4 c instead and should be perfect. Yummy combo of flavors!