2 hrs 20 mins
Satisfied Kris's Note:
There are many variations to this recipe, including other versions on recipezaar. I kept on playing with it and 3 years ago came up with my version. It can be doubled very easily for parties. You know you've got a winner when multiple people ask you for the recipe! What Fun! Note: I took an educated guess at the prep time. Cook time is fridge time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles (use seasoning in dressing, uncooked noodles in coleslaw mixture)
Cole Slaw Mixture
- 1Toast the slivered almonds.
- 2Suggest place them in a microwave safe pie plate and nuke on high for 3 minutes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Mix olive oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning packet together until sugar is dissolved (I shake it).
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a large bowl mix the cole slaw, onions, sunflower seeds and almonds.
- 7Pour the dressing over the mixture and blend.
- 8Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (Mixture will go down about 1/2 in volume).
- 9Break up the ramen noodles (I use a plastic bag).
- 10Just before serving mix the noodles in with the other ingredients.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Coleslaw (#2)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g