Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Please adjust all amounts to taste, I used extra chunky Jif peanut butter for this, but really any peanut butter will do. The dressing should be made and chilled a couple hours ahead or even overnight to blend the flavors before using on the salad. This is really good!
- 6 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into small strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsley shredded
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter (use extra chunky for this if possible)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- chili paste (start with a small amount, this stuff is spicy!)
- salt and pepper
- In a processor or blender process all dressing ingredients, adjust amounts to taste (chill for a minumum of at least 2 hours to blend flavors).
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, including the chopped peanuts; pour the dressing over, toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with more peanuts if desired.