Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick simple salad - with a slight twist on the others. Prep time includes cooling and stand time.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lb shredded cabbage for Coleslaw
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onion
- Crush the noodles - Mix the noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds in baking pan. Bake at 300 degrees - 20 minutes - stirring every 10 Minutes. Let cool.
- Chop Green Onions into small pieces - mix in bowl with cabbage.
- Mix oil, sugar, cider vinegar, soy sauce and seasoning packets from noodles together - microwave 2 minutes til sugar is desolved - whisk, let cool.
- 20 minutes before serving, mix cooled dressing, cabbage, and noodle mixture together - chill to soften noodles.
Made for Spring PAC and DH and I really enjoyed this salad. I did cut the recipe in half and used chicken ramen and next time I will try the oriental flavor. The chicken was good and would be delicious with added shredded chicken for a meal but it was a little overpowering for what I served it with. I served it with Recipe#409649#409649. Overall I will make this again and add some sliced pea pods, shredded carrots and sliced celery. Thank you for a wonderful dish!
This was okay, but it was more like a ramen noodle salad with a little bit of slaw. There was way too much noodle in there for my taste. I'd cut it back to one pack instead of two unless you love uncooked ramen then go for it. The dressing was delicious though, so I think I'll be making this again just with a few changes.