Recipe by vegan mom
I know there are a lot of other Oriental Slaw recipes out there but none of them are quite like this one. My mom makes this for every outdoor grilling function so I guess this is why I'm partial.
Top Review by Cathy Pete
This was GREAT! The recipe I have been looking for! I changed one thing that has nothing to do with the ingredients, I brought the dressing to a simmer in a pan and let it cool. This seems to incorporate the oil a lot better and not oily. Thanks for posting!!
- 16 ounces Coleslaw
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve flavor packets for dressing (the Top Ramen brand is vegan)
- 4 ounces sunflower seeds
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
Dressing (use reserved flavor packets plus)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- I have had this with the noodles cooked and with them raw. Raw noodles gives the slaw more crunch, but I prefer them cooked. You can still have crunch with the seeds and nuts.
- Either way, mix together the slaw ingredients in a large container. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the slaw mixture. Toss together. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- If you're impatient you can eat it right away. Keeps for a few days, but it's never around long enough in my house to really find out it's shelf life.