Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
The recipe was found in Creative Wok Cooking from 1982. Want to know the nutritional values.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 2 slices gingerroot, 1/8 thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, quatered
- 5 dried black dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked 30 minutes in warm wter, drained, and diced
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce or 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl. Add chicken and marinate 1/2 hour. Brown the garlic and ginger slices in oil. remove and discard garlic and ginger. Stir-fry fresh and black mushrooms 1 to 2 minutes. Push aside. Stir-fry chicken 3 to 4 minutes, until done. Add black bean sauce or hoisin sauce. Stir the mushrooms and chicken together and heat through.
- Serve over rice or Oriental Vegetables.