Recipe by StreetChef
They smell so good when they are baking.
Top Review by I'mPat
First of all I will have to say the flavours are great but when I made up the basting sauce it came out like a thick smooth jelly at which point I remembered that 3 tablespoon of conrstarch/cornflour to us and with our spoon measurements is equal to 4 of yours (USA) so to much was added, but went ahead as per recipe but after the second basting or spooning the gel over the wings I decided to water the remainder down to a pouring consistency and pour over the wings and put in the oven for the last 15 minutes (they had a total of 1 hour as I only removed the tips and left the rest jointed and cook as was. The final result was finger licking juicy wings that really delivered so a word of advise have finger bowl and napkins handy, Thank you StreetChef, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings in half at the joint, discard tips.
- Place on broiler rack and bake at 400 deg. for 15 minute
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger & pepper. Add liquids.
- Cook stirring constantly, over med. heat until mixture thickens. Boil 2 minute.
- Brush over wings. Continue baking at 400 deg for 35min. During baking brush soy misture on wings frequently.