Recipe by StreetChef
Serve as an appetizer or main course with fried rice.
Top Review by CONCHOBOR99
These chicken wings were great! I have a friend who is a salesman for a well-known chicken distributor, so I can get a lot of chicken wings at a reasonable price. Since it's NFL playoff time, I've been trying a lot of chicken wing recipes. After serving these, my wife, my guests, and I all give five stars. The crispy skin and the soy sauce created a robust, sweet, mouth watering combination. Absolutely incredible.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings in half at joint, discard tips.
- Place on broiler rack, or wire rack with pan under and bake at 400 deg for 15 minutes.
- Turn and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan mix the sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger & pepper.
- Add liquids.
- Cook stirring constantly over med heat until mixture thickens. Boil 2 minutes.
- Brush over wings.
- Continue baking at 400 deg. for 35 minutes.
- During baking brush soy mixture on wings frequently.