Recipe by Bec
From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN. A variation is to substitute 4 cups cooked spinach for the snow peas.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 cups skinless chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute celery and onions 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- Add next 6 ingredients; cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend arrowroot or cornstarch with water.
- Stir into meat mixture and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.