Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light, easy Oriental-style meal. Kids love eating this with chopsticks! (Prep and cook times are approximate)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use the lite kind)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 3 scallions, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- In a small bowl, combine sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and cornstarch; stir to blend well.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes until meat turns white.
- Add red pepper, scallions, mushrooms, and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir sauce and add to wok; stir over heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.
- **Note: This is the original recipe, but sometimes I like to add different veggies like celery, broccoli, snow peas, etc.
This is an easy delicious Stir-Fry. My whole family all loved it. This is a keeperat my house. Thanks Denise in da Kitchen