Recipe by Beeks
An old fashioned classic with an oriental twist.
Top Review by Bergy
Beeks this is a fabulous tasty soup but I have sent in a query to Zaar about the amount of water - 3 cups seems very little for the amount of veggies and the amount of liquid chicken boullion. with this amount of water it would recult ina very dense small portion for six persons. If this is an error and the recipe is changed I will rewrite the review. I adapted it to 4 sevings and it was perfect
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 teaspoons liquid chicken bouillon concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 2⁄3 lb chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- chili powder
- 4 teaspoons grilled sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a dutch oven and cook red pepper.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until done 3 to 4 minutes;you might need to increase the heat up a little higher.
- Stir in bouillion concentrate and water and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes or until done.
- Stir in soya sauce,onions,chili powder and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.