1/3 Photos of Oriental Chicken Sandwich
This easy-to-fix and tasty sandwich is from the *Best Ever Chicken* cookbook edited by Linda Fraser. Although the recipe calls for thinly-sliced sourdough bread, the introduction also notes "This sandwich filling is also good if you chop the chicken in small cubes and serve it in warmed pita bread." (Time does not include 15 minutes resting time.) *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and garlic.
- 2Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of each chicken breast with the mixture and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- 3Grill (see note below) chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- 4Slice thinly and keep warm.
- 5Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- 6Arrange sliced chicken equally on two of the bread slices.
- 7Add equal amounts of the beansprouts and chopped red pepper on top of the chicken slices.
- 8Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread and serve immediately.
- 9NOTE: No grilling method was suggested but, in my opinion, they will all work equally well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.4
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 1504.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 46.8 g