Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low-fat chicken salad with a delightfully different Oriental flavor. Very nice for lunch, or stuffed into a pita. I like to make it a few hours in advance to allow the flavors to meld.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onion, and cucumber; mix well.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- (Note: This salad makes a very nice presentation when you scoop out the cucumber pulp from unpeeled cucumber, add it to chicken mixture, and serve the salad in the cucumber shells).