This is a wonderful salad that I have made many times. I got this recipe from a friend at work and it is one of my favourites. The chicken should marinate at least 2 hours and I was'nt sure how I should work that into the prep time.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cooked & cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 -5 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked crisp
- 1⁄2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Prepare a marinade by mixing wine, soy sauce and ginger.
- Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours.
- Drain well.
- Put salad, green onions, broccoli, almonds and chicken in a large salad bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Toss salad with dressing and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.