Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very good and it's so easy to make. All of the flavors blend together so nicely. It is a light tasting, crunchy salad with a sweet/tangy flavor. Don't add the noodles until you are ready to serve it. Please note that there isn't any chicken in this salad - it uses the chicken flavor packet from the soup.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 lb coleslaw mix
- 1 green onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted-salted
- Before opening the soup package, crush the noodles.
- Mix the sugar, vinegar, oil, and the seasoning package from the ramen noodles to make the sauce.
- Combine the cole slaw mix, green onions and sunflower seeds in a large serving bowl; pour sauce over all mixing thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until it is time to serve.
- Add the crushed noodles right before serving. If you add them too soon they don't stay crispy.