Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I first had this pasta salad at a wedding shower and just had to have the recipe! It has become a family favorite and is served at almost every family function! Prep and cook time does not include refrigeration time which should be at least 12 hours.
- 5 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, blanched 3 minutes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can sliced water chestnut
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1⁄2 dried ginger
- salt and pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate at least overnight before serving.
- I also recommend making a second batch of the dressing and tossing it with the salad just before serving as the pasta soaks up most of the dressing.
I altered this so much that it really wasn't the same salad, mainly to use stuff I had on hand: Left out the almonds, snow peas, water chestnuts and red pepper--used purple onion instead of green onion, spiral pasta instead of bowtie, and threw in some peas. I also added pineapple tidbits and a couple tablespoons of the juice. I also used a LOT more mayo than the recipe called for. I used leftover shredded chicken breast--probably about 2 or 3 breasts. Anyway, it all tasted great--thanks for such an adaptable recipe! :)