This can be served warm, but I prefer it chilled. It is very low fat and healthy, but tastes delicious. Great to take to a potluck, it always gets raves!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb rice noodles
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red peppers or 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 lb snow peas (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Cut chicken into strips (This is easiest when it is slightly frozen.).
- 2Combine vinegar, soy sauce, gingerroot, garlic, and sugar in a zip lock bag.
- 3Add chicken, press out the air and seal.
- 4Let stand at least 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta and rinse in cold water. Put in a large bowl.
- 6Cut carrots and peppers into julienne strips.
- 7Remove chicken from marinade but save the marinade.
- 8Cook chicken in a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan.
- 9Add chicken to pasta.
- 10Add carrots to skillet, stir fry for a minute or two, then add peppers and snow peas.Cook until still crispy.
- 11Put vegetables in ice water to stop the cooking.
- 12Add vegetables to salad bowl.
- 13Add reserved marinade plus 1/2 cup water to skillet and bring to boil. Boil gently for 10 minutes.
- 14Pour over salad, add sesame oil and toss.
- 15Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 16Preparation time does not include marinating time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.2
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1162.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 53.5 g