Recipe by Paja
This can be served warm, but I prefer it chilled. It is very low fat and healthy, but tastes delicious. Great to take to a potluck, it always gets raves!
Top Review by Gerry
We have enjoyed your Mom's Pot Roast and have made it a good number of times so decided to go with your Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad. Made as posted with all the ingredients being ones we enjoy - but the amount of sesame oil and vinegar was too overwhelming for our tastes. It really looks appealing so will likely give this another try using less vinegar and sesame oil.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb rice noodles
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red peppers or 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into strips (This is easiest when it is slightly frozen.).
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, gingerroot, garlic, and sugar in a zip lock bag.
- Add chicken, press out the air and seal.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta and rinse in cold water. Put in a large bowl.
- Cut carrots and peppers into julienne strips.
- Remove chicken from marinade but save the marinade.
- Cook chicken in a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add chicken to pasta.
- Add carrots to skillet, stir fry for a minute or two, then add peppers and snow peas.Cook until still crispy.
- Put vegetables in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Add vegetables to salad bowl.
- Add reserved marinade plus 1/2 cup water to skillet and bring to boil. Boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Pour over salad, add sesame oil and toss.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Preparation time does not include marinating time.