Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and Easy!!
Make and share this Oriental Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, about 3/4 of a pound
- 1 celery rib
- 1 medium carrot
- 113.39 g thin fresh egg noodles
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Combine stock, water and chicken in large Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil and boil, uncovered, until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from pot, chop finely.
- Cut celery and carrot into thin strips, stir into pot, bring to boil, boil uncovered until veggies are just soft.
- Stir in noodles, bring back to boil and boil uncovered for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, soy sauce and onion, stir over heat until chicken is heated through.
Derf,I reall liked this soup,it was not a heavy overpwering soup,very light and tasty,I was out of egg noodles,and so I used fetticini noodles broke up in 2 inch pieces,it was VERY good. Thank You for this recipe,Darlene
I stole a recipe like this one out of Mum's collection of magazine cut-out recipes, then I lost it! It was a regular meal at our house growing up, so needless to say Mum was not happy. However now that I've found this I can maybe redeem myself! It's almost the same and just as delicious! A big thankyou Derf for posting this little beauty!
We LOVED this soup. Sooooo much flavor for not many ingredients. The only thing I didn't have was the celery. Did add 2 cloves minced garlic to step 2, I love garlic :) Will certainly be making this a lot.