This is a really tasty soup. I picked up the recipe from Byerly's grocery store chain based in the Twin Cities. I actually prefer cooked brown rice in this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 lb snow peas, sliced diagonally in half
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1Slice chicken into bite size pieces.
- 2In large dutch oven or pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- 3Stir fry chicken for 2 minutes.
- 4Add gingerroot, garlic and pepper and stir fry 2 more minutes.
- 5Stir in chicken broth, rice and soy sauce.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- 7Stir in snow peas, carrots and green onions and heat through for 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Chicken 'n Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 288.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g