Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm forever saving recipe sites in my 'favorites' and accidently clicked on this one this morning. I've yet to make it but the ingredients remind me of something similar we had at PF Changs in Florida. This recipe serves 8 as an appetizer. Prep and cook time are approximate.
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or corn)
- 3⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped unsalted peanuts or 1⁄3 cup cashews
- 8 lettuce leaves (Boston, leaf or iceberg)
- In small bowl combine soya sauce and corn starch until smooth; stir in corn syrup. Set aside.
- In frypan over medium high heat, heat oil. Stir fry chicken with garlic and gingerroot, breaking up with a spoon until no longer pink. Add carrot and stir fry until tender.
- Re-stir syrup mixture. Add to frypan, cook and stir until thickened. Stir in green onions and peanuts.
- Spoon small amount on each lettuce leaf. Wrap and serve. Makes 8 appetizers.
I didnt put the golden syrup in it and it was still tasty!! it really did remind me of the ones from PF changs! thanks for posting I will DEFINATLY make these again! sooooooooooo easy to make too! ;)
These were very tasty and I had everything on hand except the lettuce suggested. I tried using romaine (silly me had the filling already made before she discovered she didn't have the right lettuce) but that didn't work so well. They were still good, but next time I'll make sure I have the right kind. :)