Recipe by dojemi
I'm forever saving recipe sites in my 'favorites' and accidently clicked on this one this morning. I've yet to make it but the ingredients remind me of something similar we had at PF Changs in Florida. This recipe serves 8 as an appetizer. Prep and cook time are approximate.
Top Review by blueeyes_jd
I didnt put the golden syrup in it and it was still tasty!! it really did remind me of the ones from PF changs! thanks for posting I will DEFINATLY make these again! sooooooooooo easy to make too! ;)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or corn)
- 3⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped unsalted peanuts or 1⁄3 cup cashews
- 8 lettuce leaves (Boston, leaf or iceberg)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine soya sauce and corn starch until smooth; stir in corn syrup. Set aside.
- In frypan over medium high heat, heat oil. Stir fry chicken with garlic and gingerroot, breaking up with a spoon until no longer pink. Add carrot and stir fry until tender.
- Re-stir syrup mixture. Add to frypan, cook and stir until thickened. Stir in green onions and peanuts.
- Spoon small amount on each lettuce leaf. Wrap and serve. Makes 8 appetizers.