Great dish I found out of Dad's Own Cookbook. I have modified it slightly and it is always a big hit in my house. Takes some prep work but it is worth it in the end!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 lb spaghetti or 3/4 lb thin noodles
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons white wine or 8 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, grated or quartered
- 1 cup peas
- 4 slices ham, sliced or cubed
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1Bring water to boil for noodles, cook until tender, drain& toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- 2In small skillet over low heat, slightly brown cahsews- watch carefully; remove from heat.
- 3While noodles are cooking, mix curry, 5 spice, soy, wine (or sherry) and honey.
- 4In seperate bowl, combine garlic and carrots (peas only if frozen).
- 5Heat 2 tbsp.
- 6oil in large skillet on high until it just smokes- about 1 1/2 mins.
- 7Add onion and stir fry for 2 mins.
- 8Add garlic and carrot (peas only if frozen) and cook 1 min.
- 9Put veggies in a bowl and set aside.
- 10Wipe out pan and return to heat.
- 11Add remaining oil, then chicken and stir fry until opaque.
- 12Add the ham and cook 1 min more.
- 13Add veggies and noodles to the pan and toss gently.
- 14Add peas if not frozen and cashews.
- 15Pour sauce mixture over and toss again, turn off heat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Chicken & Ham
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.7
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 2393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 51.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder