Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great dish I found out of Dad's Own Cookbook. I have modified it slightly and it is always a big hit in my house. Takes some prep work but it is worth it in the end!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti or 3⁄4 lb thin noodles
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons white wine or 8 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, grated or quartered
- 1 cup peas
- 4 slices ham, sliced or cubed
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (optional)
- Bring water to boil for noodles, cook until tender, drain& toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- In small skillet over low heat, slightly brown cahsews- watch carefully; remove from heat.
- While noodles are cooking, mix curry, 5 spice, soy, wine (or sherry) and honey.
- In seperate bowl, combine garlic and carrots (peas only if frozen).
- Heat 2 tbsp.
- oil in large skillet on high until it just smokes- about 1 1/2 mins.
- Add onion and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add garlic and carrot (peas only if frozen) and cook 1 min.
- Put veggies in a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out pan and return to heat.
- Add remaining oil, then chicken and stir fry until opaque.
- Add the ham and cook 1 min more.
- Add veggies and noodles to the pan and toss gently.
- Add peas if not frozen and cashews.
- Pour sauce mixture over and toss again, turn off heat.