Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe goes together with very little prep. Great for those nights when you want a hearty meal, but don't want to make a fuss.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chop suey vegetables, drained
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced & drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 ounces French-fried onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all ingredients except for fried onions, and place in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish or baking pan.
- Bake until heated through and bubbly (45 minutes).
- Top with French-fried onions, if desired, the last 5 minutes.
This recipe is always a big hit with my family. I've made it several times. La Choy's crispy rice noodles can be subsituted for the FF onion rings for the final topping, but it is great either way. Thanks littleturtle for this recipe.
my recipe that was from a 1960 cookbook here in ne called for 2 pacages of frozen vegtbles , good easy recipe
This is a wonderful casserole! We all loved it! I used leftover turkey and the cream of celery soup. It was an easy dish to prepare. It's full of flavor and really creamy. Thanks! I'll definitley use this recipe again!