Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A must try!
Make and share this Oriental Chicken Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml fresh gingerroot, finely grated
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml water
- 78.07 ml water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can flakey biscuits
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- sesame seeds
- Heat over to 375 degrees.
- In large skillet combine sugar, ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Add chicken, cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from pan juices.
- Drain well reserving liquid.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stir into reserved liquid.
- Return to heat.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly until clear& thickened.
- Add chicken, water chestnut and green onion.
- Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Sparate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits, press or roll each biscuit into 4 inch circle.
- Place 2 tbs chicken mixture on center of dough.
- Fold dough over chicken, covering completely.
- Seal well, shape into balls.
- Place filled biscuits seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
These are a delicious and easy way to make an Asian "bun". We had them with "Oriental Lettuce Wraps" and it made a quick and tasty family dinner. Made for the My Three Chiefs game.