Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from the Rice-A-Roni website.
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- Saute rice-vermicelli mix in butter until pasta is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in water, chicken, teriyaki sauce, ginger, and special seasonings packet from the rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Let stand 3 minutes before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Great quick meal to whip up when you don't have the time.
Also this is a recipe you can make your own by adding what vegi's you like to it.
So glad I found this recipe.
this was tasty! i did cut the meat up the day before and seasoned with curry powder and sesame oil. instead of the frozen veggies, i used what i had in the fridge: red onion, celery, carrots, ginger, garlic and broccoli. i just sautee the chicken and veggies first, then the rice and followed the recipe as written. we also garnished with those crunchy chow mein noodles in addition to the sesame seeds. this was really tasty, even my toddler liked it! thanks for posting! made for spring pac 2010.
We really enjoyed this dish! I made it exactly as stated except that I forgot to add the sesame seeds at the end. I'll add them next time... and there will be a next time. My DH hates chicken, but he had two huge helpings. Thank you Karabea for posting! Made for PAC - Spring 2009.