Recipe by KadesMom
These Oriental-flavored grilled kabobs, served with a yummy dipping sauce. Your guests and family will rave! Mix it up and add the veggie of your choice or substitute salmon for chicken. I like the red bell pepper and onions the best. I lowered the fat by using light mayo. Make sauce 2-4 hours ahead of time and marinate chicken 2 hours.
Top Review by VegasLaurie
This was so simple & absolutely de-lish!! I wasn't going to make the dipping sauce, but decided to anyway. WOW! Am I glad I did! My picky eaters RAVED about it! They even cleaned up their veggies with it! Thank you for posting this one!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, sesame oil, pepper flakes and ginger. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- In a bowl, toss the red bell pepper and onions with olive oil and salt.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread one chicken piece and bell pepper and onion(together).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear and veggies are crisp-tender. Serve with dipping sauce.