Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skinned
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 2 stalks celery, cut int 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bean sprout
- hot cooked rice
- Saute garlic in oil in a large skillet 1 minute.
- Add chicken, and cook until browned (about 10 minutes).
- Combine next 7 ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Add next 4 ingredients; cook, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tenders.
- Serve over rice.