Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe back in the day from a package of Oodles of Noodles ramen noodles. Its a cheap, and easy, yet tasty meal. Sure to please! (NOTE: cooking time does not include cooking the chicken).
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken (can used canned)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Break up noodles while still in package.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add to the boiling water, the broken ramen noodles and the seasonings from 1 flavoring packet.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- In a frying pan, saute chicken in butter. Sprinkle with the other seasoning packet and the ginger.
- Stir in carrots and broccoli.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes (I usually cook a little longer).
- Toss with cooked noodles.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds (peanuts are good too, and fresh chopped tomatoes).
Very good, and easy. As one reviewer suggested, I used a bag of broccoli slaw instead of chopping carrots and broccoli myself. I added a bit of garlic, and a bit of red pepper flakes...we like a little spice. I had leftover turkey from the Christmas feast, so it was a very quick meal, and a total hit with everyone.
Made this for my boys for lunch. I followed the recipe other then I used a bag of coleslaw mix instead of the broccoli and carrots. I didn't add the optional sesame seeds. I used a 12.5 ounce can of chicken. My boys enjoyed it and I liked how easy it was to make.
We Loved it even my picky daughter loved it... it helps that her fav food is Top Ramen but she had two helpings. It was easy I just used left over chicken from a baked chicken and added the Veggies. Quick Easy and really good tasting. Thanks !!!!