Recipe by mjerusha
I got this recipe back in the day from a package of Oodles of Noodles ramen noodles. Its a cheap, and easy, yet tasty meal. Sure to please! (NOTE: cooking time does not include cooking the chicken).
Top Review by Terri Newell
Very good, and easy. As one reviewer suggested, I used a bag of broccoli slaw instead of chopping carrots and broccoli myself. I added a bit of garlic, and a bit of red pepper flakes...we like a little spice. I had leftover turkey from the Christmas feast, so it was a very quick meal, and a total hit with everyone.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken (can used canned)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up noodles while still in package.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add to the boiling water, the broken ramen noodles and the seasonings from 1 flavoring packet.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- In a frying pan, saute chicken in butter. Sprinkle with the other seasoning packet and the ginger.
- Stir in carrots and broccoli.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes (I usually cook a little longer).
- Toss with cooked noodles.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds (peanuts are good too, and fresh chopped tomatoes).