Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this reciope from a friend at church. Our kids were little at the time and they dubbed it "worm casserole." The name stuck and everybody who asks us to make this always referes to it as "Worms." It is very good and you can use either real chicken or do a vegetarian version using a can of diced Loma Linda Brand Fri-chick.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced (or you can use 1 15 oz. can of Loma Linda brand diced vegetarian fri-chick drained with liquid reser)
- 5 celery ribs, chopped chinese style
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup, diluted with
- 1 cup water (if you use the vegetarian fri-chick, dilute the soup with 3/4 c water and the liquid from the fri-ch)
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- oil, to saute the vegetable
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof crispy chinese noodles
- Saute onion, mushrooms, celery and water chestnuts in oil and soy sauce.
- Drain the veggies on paper towel.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add grated cheese to veggies.
- Add drained green beans.
- Mix with soup mixture.
- Just before baking, stir in the crispy chinese noodles.
- Place in casserole sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the liquid has been absorbed and the cheese is melted with casserole bubbly.