Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is delicious! The sesame oil gives it a nutty and unusual flavor. I just made it for a picnic I'm going to. After tasting it, I know it's a salad I'll be making many more times. From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In medium bowl, combine carrots and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add to carrots, mixing well.
- Chill several hours to blend flavors.
- (To toast sesame seeds, place them in a shallow pan in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.).
We all loved this delicious salad. I did not have green peppers and I had to use some yellow and red one. The color combinations were magnificient!
The super touch to this salad was the sesame oil!
I tried this salad just after preparing it and some hours later: Both very good I cannot say which one would be better.
We served this with broccoli and tofu over rice, it was a great combo. Will definitely keep the recipe, thank you.
Really enjoyed this salad. We served it as an accompaniment to fish. Nice taste and I didn't think it needed more sugar either. I did find there was plenty of dressing for the carrots and also my grater made them a bit thin so they were in danger of getting soggy if they marinated too long. Next time I might use a food processor to make little match sticks instead of the thin texture my grater gives. Nice salad over all though. Would make it again.