Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Great recipe that my mom passed on to me from her bridge club. I've taken it to many pot luck events and I've learned to take copies of the recipe with me because there's always someone who asks for it! It's especially terrific on these hot Texas summer days. I also love the fact that I can make it in advance if necessary and then mix it all together just before serving.
- 1 (10 ounce) cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) ramen noodles, any flavor, discard flavor packet
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- For the slaw, mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For the noodles, crumble the Ramen Noodles into melted margarine in a skillet and brown with the almonds and sesame seeds for approximately 3 minutes. Store in a container in the refrigerator.
- For the dressing, mix the ingredients together and store in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, mix all of the ingredients together. If the noodles have been stored in the refrigerator for a while, you may need to let them sit out a few minutes or zap for about 15 seconds in the microwave for the margarine to soften up.
I couldn't find my slaw dressing recipe so used yours. Was very good and will replace mine. I did use rice vinegar instead of white. I always use napa cabbage instead of green. Thanks!
Excellent salad for hot summer days! I used olive oil, and just a little more sugar than called for. Good with grilled chicken.
Well, we just loved this slaw! I made it ahead and put it together at the last minute, and served it with a Tandoori-Style Grilled Chicken Kabobs. Enjoyed the combination. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!