Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had this recipe at a party and immediately loved it. Whenever I make it, it's always a hit. Sometimes I add a cooked chicken breast to the salad and make a meal out of it.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 head napa cabbage, clean and chop
- 1 bunch green onion, chop
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- (Can be made a day in advance,) Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Break up Ramen noodles (discard seasoning packets or save them for another use).
- Saute noodles, almonds and sesame seeds in oil until they brown.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine cabbage, onions and noodle mixture.
- Toss with the dressing about 20 minutes before serving (this allows the noodles to soften).
My friend made this salad for a BBQ I had yesterday. It was more than delicious. Words cannot even express how good this salad is. One suggestion I made to her was to brown the almonds, sesame seeds, and ramen in toasted sesame oil next time for the ultimate sesame flavor. Thank you so much for this recipe....she misplaced her printed copy so I was in search of it and yay I found it!!
Very good! I left the oil off the dressing alltogether and added the hot dressing to the cabbage. 20 minutes before serving I added all the rest of the ingredients. This way the cabbage got time to soak up the dressing but rest of it was nice and crunchy by the time it was served.
I have a similar recipe that adds Accent in place of the soy sauce. It's out of this world. Do try this & be sure to toast your sesame seeds & sliced almonds! Give your honey the task of breaking up the ramen, guys love to do that for some reason... I buy sliced cabbage in the bag & prefer that. I use 2 bags as this salad goes fast!