Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very quick! I made this for suprize company - and everyone liked it. Another "Good for You" recipe.
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 cups cabbage, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- Slice onion. Place in bowl with water. Cover and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- Put onion in large skillet with remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
Very easy to prepare, however, I did find that it seemed to be lacking something in the flavor. I think that next time I make it I will add a bit of 5 spice or another oriental type seasoning. Thank-you for an easy side dish to compliment many oriental dishes.