Recipe by jboulter
Asian inspired salad recipe made with baby bok choy or Chinese cabbage (Wombok). There is added crunch with the addition of fried noodles and toasted slivered almonds. A sweet and tangy soy based dressing compliments this dish.
- 2 bunches baby bok choy (washed) or 1⁄2 large Chinese cabbage, sliced very finely
- 125 g chinese noodles, asian style, fried
- 125 g slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice finely the Bok Choy or Wombuk, including the stalks. Thinly slice the green onions including the white stalks. Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss well to combine. Add dressing just before serving to ensure the salad retains its crunch.
- DRESSING: Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake very well. Pour over salad just before serving and mix thoroughly.