Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a blend adapted from Low Sodium Cooking, so there is no salt. It is good to put in stir fries, salad dressings and dips.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper flakes
- To roast sesame seeds, place in a hot skillet and stir until they start turning a golden brown, about 2 minutes. Watch them carefully, they burn quickly. Let them cool.
- I make the bell pepper flakes by dicing them very finely and placing in 350*F. oven until they dry, about 15-20 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't get too crispy!
- Mix well and store in an airtight container.
- Use in stir fries or salads and salad dressings, to give a lot of flavor!
I made this as directed. I used it a salad dressing for spinach salad and it complimented the salad. I also used it with cooked oriental vegetables and loved the flavor. I'm always looking for no salt seasoning. This is added to my list. Thanks for sharing.
I've used this in a veggie stir-fry and in salad dressing now, and it's been great! I'm thinking of making some up to give at Christmas.