Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious Chinese style beef and broccoli... kid pleaser too! Serve over steamed white rice or chow mein noodles. Cube steak makes for a more tender dish and soaks up more gravy. Even my 2 yr old eats this!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 4 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- slice cube steaks into strips sautee steak with garlic for about 7 minutes or until steak is browned on both sides.
- Add ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce, cook several more minutes until steak is well cooked and tender.
- add broccoli, cook until broccoli is done-- around 5-8 min for frozen broccoli.
- add flour to thicken sauce, cook until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- If the gravy is too salty simply add water to dilute it.
is good for us & for the brain
I thought this was easy to prepare, but agree it was way to salty for my taste first time I made it. Second time I used 1/2c honey, 1/2c soy sauce, then mixed in ginger, vinegar, garlic and I added 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and omitted the flour. This came out very good, thank you for the idea!
My family loved this. We will triple the sauce next time so we have more to go over the rice. We substituted rice flour for the flour, but one could use corn starch also. Delicious!