Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Stew with a different twist! Although you wouldn't think from reading the ingredients in this recipe that it has a ton of flavor, it does. Be sure and enjoy it over some freshly steamed rice. If you want the sauce a little thicker, you could add a teaspoon or two of cornstarch mixed with a little water to this dish shortly before its finished baking. I think pork or chicken could be used in this dish in place of the beef -- I would imagine the baking time might be shorter.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef, cubed
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1 pieces (if stalks are large, 3 will probably be sufficient)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 -2 carrot, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Brown beef in a little hot oil.
- Place in casserole dish with remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Bake in 350 oven for 2 hours.
- Serve over hot rice.
I made as written. I cut up the veggie this morning then made it tonight. It was simple to make and also had a very nice blend of flavors with no one standing out from the other. Served over rice a Bobbie said to do. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.