Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is not my own but has been altered to my taste. It is delicious and not hard to make.
- 8 ounces rib eye steaks, fat removed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Trim fat from steak, cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat ½ teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, green onions and garlic; stir-fry for one minute. Remove steak from skillet; keep warm.
- Remove noodles from packages; reserve one seasoning packet for another use. Add water and remaining seasoning packet to skillet; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles for two minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, vegetables and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.
- To make this dish more quickly you can buy the slaw mix with shredded cabbage and carrot already made. Just use 2 cups of the slaw mix in place of the 1 cup of the shredded cabbage and 1 cups of shredded carrots.
This is a great way to use ramen noodles, and is quite quick. I used almost a pound of beef round for stir-fry, which worked out well. I also used 2cups of cole slaw mix. Even though I used low sodium soy sauce, I found this to be a bit on the salty side (perhaps due to the flavor packet). Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Tasted terrific. DH made this and said that the cooking time was a little off - took more time to stir fry the steak than planned. Our girls loved this and we will make it again. We used more beef than it called for, and will do this again, but will add more cabbage since it reduced quite a bit. Thanks for sharing!