Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is not an authentic oriental dish but with the carrots, beef, snow peas and gravy it is always a hit with my family. I usually use a flank steak which I cut into strips with cooking shears.
- 1⁄2 lb flank steak
- 1 (7/8 ounce) packagemccormick brown gravy mix
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- Coat a 3 quart saucepan with cooking spray. Add beef and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except pasta. Bring to a boil, simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook 5 minutes.
This was quick and easy, but it was a bit too salty for my liking. I would suggest low sodium soy sauce.
I wasn't too sure about the gravy, but when combined with the soy sauce, it made a rich, Asian-type brown sauce. I used sirloin, and loved the easy tip about slicing the meat with cooking shears. Very good and easy to make on a weeknight. Easy clean-up too, with only one pan to wash.