Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks (syrup pack)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb beef liver, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- Add enough water to reserved syrup to make 1/2 cup. Stir soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch into liquid; set aside.
- In large skillet or wok, stir-fry liver and green pepper in hot oil for 2 minutes. Then stir the green peppers in for an additional two minutes.
- Drain off fat. Season with salt.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in pineapple and water chestnuts; heat through. Stir in almonds.
- Serve over noodles or rice.