Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Great appetizers, or main course. Serving size is based on appetizer volume.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in enough water to cover 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine hoisin sauce, sherry, brown sugar, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Trim fat from beef steak.
- Cut steak crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Alternately thread beef, weaving back and forth, and green onion pieces onto skewers.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of kabobs is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Brush with half of hoisin mixture.
- Broil 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, and brushing with remaining hoisin mixture.
What a quick and easy recipe! The flavor of the sauce was mild and went well with the beef. These tasted great with a honey-soy dipping sauce. I think they might go well with a hot mustard also. This is a great item for a tabletop hibachi, too! Thanks for the recipe, Lubie!
Made these last night on the grill...so yummy! Used a pineapple, mushrooms, peppers and onion. The hoisin sauce is perfect for marinating the meat...thanks for a great recipe, Lubie!