Recipe by Abby Girl
My dad was a high school teacher years ago and in those days was only paid once a month. So, by the end of the month, we ended up having a lot of hamburger dishes. My mom used to come up with some interesting ways to cook hamburger....she was the Queen of Casseroles! This dish brings back wonderful memories.
Top Review by Irisheyesx2
What a great idea for hamburger! I was looking for something to serve at an informal dinner get-together and this was a hit. I had most of these items in my kitchen. We enjoy spicy so I added a little more pepper. Only suggestion would be to chop the celery fine so it cooks through.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef.
- In a bowl, combine rest of ingredients.
- Topping: Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter and place over meat mixture.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 - 1 hour or until heated through.
- Options: A can of water chestnuts could be added.