Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this with shrimp instead of beef. Good stuff. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens Eating Light.
- 3⁄4 lb beef top round steak
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces pea pods, thawed or 1 cup fresh pea pods
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- hot cooked rice
- Partially freeze beef and cut on the bias into bite-sized strips and set aside.
- Stir together cornstarch, sugar, and beef bouillon granules. Stir in sherry, water, and soy sauce.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add a tablespoon cooking oil.
- Stir fry the the green onion, garlic, and gingerroot for 30 seconds. Add the drained water chestnuts and pea pods. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok or skillet.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok or skillet and add half the meat. Stir fry for about 2 minutes or until done. Remove the meat. Stir fry the remaining meat about 2 minutes or until done. Return all meat to the skillet or wok.
- Stir the sherry mixture and stir into meat. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 30 seconds more. Stir in cooked vegetables and bok choy. Cover and cook about 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve over hot cooked rice.